How do I make an appointment in St. Landry Parish?
Tax preparation is by appointment only. CLICK HERE FOR ST. LANDRY APPOINTMENT
Super Tax Day March 2 (St. Landry) and March 9 (Evangeline) Locations to be announced.
What does VITA stand for?
VITA is an acronym for Volunteer Income Tax Assistance , and it offers free tax preparation utilizing volunteers who are trained by the IRS.
Who is eligible for this free service?
You may qualify for the tax prep through VITA if one (or all) of these apply to you:
- Your total household income was $60,000 or less.
- You do not receive active military pay.
- You are not a practicing clergy.
- You did not have farm income.
- You did not own a business.
- You did not have rental property income.
- You did not have income from trading stocks or bonds.
- You don't speak English well enough to complete your taxes.
- You have a disability.
Do most people get a refund?
What else will help me with tax preparation?
Most people do not take advantage of the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC). We focus on the EITC because it can bring additional $1,000s extra on a refund.
What should I bring to the appointment?
- Proof of ID
- SSN Card for you, your spouse, your dependents, and/or SSN verification issued by the social security administration
- Birth dates for you, your spouse, and dependents on tax return
- Wage and earning statements from: Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, 1099-Misc from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Form 1099)
- A copy of last year's federal and state returns, if available
- Proof of bank account routing number and account numbers for Direct Deposit, such as a blank check
- If applicable, the total paid for daycare and the daycare provider's tax identification number